Physical contact is a key contributing factor to attraction. But if you’re just going around grabbing at the girls that you like you’re more likely to come off creepy than cool. So how do you go about creating that prolonged touch that might set her heart aflutter without pawing at her like a perv? Try Read on »
Search Results for "spontaneous"
Yesterday I hung out with this girl who is considered one of the most “popular” girls in school and we talked here and there and we had a great time. During school we had a couple classes together and we talked a little bit but didn’t really go anywhere from there so yesterday was the first time we actually hung out because she happened to know one of my friends I was hanging out with that night. Anyways, I talk to her the next day and I asked her on a classic dinner and a movie date. She accepted which I was kind of shocked about that, but I guess this is where my question comes in, how can I impress her? I want to stand out from I guess the other guys she see’s. I know the obvious answer is to be myself but I know I can do more if that makes sense. do you have any suggestions I can do to make our first date a very memorable one?
HUSH Answer: Read on »
Interested in being the best boyfriend she could ever imagine? The people who mean the most to us are often the ones that can make us feel like even the most ordinary times are out of this world (or at least better than they would be without them). Sure you’ve followed our advice, taken her out and done things to show how awesome you think she is, now let’s use that creative/romantic energy on the less-than-special occasions.
You both have work to get done. Whether it’s planting yourself at the kitchen table until the reading gets done or staying up late to finish that essay your assigned school work is probably something none of us are too thrilled about. This makes for a perfect opportunity to be her knight in shinning armor and make a sleep-inducing task exciting.
Bring out the snacks. Invent playful games to help with memorization. Pump each other up through a slump with some tunes or a spontaneous dance. Reward a dedicated session of focused attention with a heated make out. As long as you don’t distract each other too much, everyone wins.
Very few high school students enjoy their part-time job. Eliminate the boring drudgery for her and surprise her at work with something that brightens up her day. Maybe it’s something sweet for her lunch break. Perhaps it’s a short note just to make her smile. Even if it’s just popping in to say, “hi,” and to tell her you can’t wait to see her later. This could be the little thing that gets her through the day.
Be careful not to stick around. This won’t be a smooth move if you get her in trouble with her boss for slacking off on the job and talking to you. You also don’t want to be the clingy boyfriend who is always around.
If she’s got little siblings there are likely to be times when she’s stuck inside tending to them while the rest of her family is out. Even if she enjoys spending time with the little one(s) it can be a drag to be stuck inside when other friends are out having a good time. Cheer her up by popping in. Bring a movie she’ll enjoy (but that’s also kid friendly). Deliver some snack foods or a pizza to enjoy together. The trick is to include the kids in whatever you do. Just dropping by to hook up after the kids have gone to sleep doesn’t count. Be that guy and you’ll quickly get your but kicked when her parents get home.
This is an underrated day that tends to drag along for many of us. You’ve had fun with your friends Friday and Saturday and use most of this afternoon to catch up on homework. Bu with some planning you can actually use this boring part of the week to plan a date that ends the week with a bang. So save Sunday for something special so she goes to school the rest of the week with a smile.
So I just went on a first date with an amazing girl and everything went well. the conversation was alive, we got along great, and I was even lucky enough to get a goodbye kiss when I walked her back to her door. But I have a question, what do I do now? When do I ask her out again? I want to continue this but am not exactly sure how to go through with it. any suggestions?
H.U.S.H. Response: Read on »
HUSH has tweeted a lot about this photograph of Scott Jones and his girlfriend, Alexandra Thomas, kissing on the ground in the middle of the riots in Vancouver, British Columbia that arose when the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup last week. The photo of the two of them together (and the story that goes with it) is romantic, hot, and heart warming.
But most importantly it gives us a few really important lessons in terms of relationships:
- Don’t take your girlfriend to a riot.
- Be there to take care of her when she needs it. According to their account, when Alexandra tripped and fell upset by the chaos of the police trying to keep the disorder under control, Scott ran back for her to hold her and calm her down. There aren’t many opportunities to be a knight in shining armor these days but it’s still expected of you to do so when the situation arises.
- Be spontaneous. Being spontaneous is always going to be one of the most romantic gestures there is. Even if the whole world is crumbling around you if you can find a chance to out of the blue show the girl you like how much you care about her and how much she means to you, even if only for a brief moment it will mean so much to her. It’s hard to teach someone how to be spontaneous but it’s good to be reminded.
This is one time where HUSH can fully support public displays of affection (pda). Way to go Scott!
But the best trick to remember, whether it’s a dream date you concocted or just a casual hangout, is the rule of beginning and endings. Make sure that the date starts AND ends on a good note. Right, it’s important to make sure the two of you are having a good time the whole way through, but she’ll remember the time she spends with you as absolutely magical if you can find a way to make the beginning and ending of your dates really enjoyable. It’s a quirky little psychology trick that can help you make the best impression possible with her.
Every situation is going to be different so you’ll have to figure out exactly how to make these starts and finales enthralling yourself, but a few general tips can help.
For starters: Be excited to see her. Everyone likes it when they feel like they light up a room. If you show her that she does that for you, you’ll make her feel good and want to see you more.
Wrapping up: Turn up the heat and be warm in your demeanor – tell her you enjoyed yourself. Be confident when you go in for the goodbye connection, be it a kiss or a hug. Get a giggle out of her, send her home with a smile and she won’t be able to wait for the next chance she gets to see you.
Either/Or: Do something unexpected. It’s hard to be spontaneous for an extended period of time but if you can bolster your efforts on the bookends of your date whether it’s breaking out in dance, jumping into someone else’s photo, or stopping to smell the flowers – doing something unexpected and fun will make her excited to be with you.
Valentine’s Day is about showing someone you think they’re special. Sure that sounds nice, but what about the other 364 days of the year? If you’re only focused on the big holidays when it comes to making your girl feel like she’s the greatest in the world, you are totally dropping the ball. So no matter what you got her for today, remember this advice right here for next week, the week after that, and the week after that and it won’t matter what sort of chocolate she’s eating or necklace she’s wearing today.
- Tell her how you feel. Don’t use other peoples’ words and rip something from a song or poem. Just think of something you really like about her and tell her. Be honest. Be sincere. Just don’t be overly cheesy.
- Special Outings. This site gives you lots of ideas for taking her out. Don’t just use them when you’re trying to woo her. Make sure you still take her out on dates after the relationship is forged – and not just for big holidays. Score bigger points by asking her on a date like it’s the first time again.
- Listen and take note. She might not do it on purpose, but there will be hints in what she says about her favorite things, things she likes, and things she wants or needs. If you pay really close attention and wind up getting her one of these things as a present for a holiday or no reason whatsoever, she’ll be thrilled that you were listening so intently.
- Be spontaneous. Right, this is like telling someone “be more fun.” It’s sort of hard to explain how. The best thing is just to always be taking note of things around you that might make someone smile. Are there flowers around? Is there a beautiful view over there? Is there music you can dance to? Stay alert like you’re some sort of romance-marine and take advantage of things around you.
- Be there for her. No matter what sort of fancy gifts or lovey-dovey dates you take her on, it doesn’t matter if you’re not there when she needs you. If she’s going through something rough with family, friends, or school, she needs you there to listen and to lean on. Or if she is feeling awesome she needs you at her side to celebrate. Whatever it is showing her your support matters more than any gift you could get her today.
Happy Valentine’s Day – Tell Someone You Care About Them.